If you have a B2B business and are looking for SEO strategies to help take your business to the next level, this post might be helpful. In this post, we researched and gathered some of the best B2B SEO strategies your company can implement today to increase your traffic, leads, and eventually revenue.
So, without wasting much time, let’s dive right into it.
What Is B2B SEO?
B2B SEO is just like regular SEO. However, the only difference is the target audience. With traditional SEO, you are trying to reach almost everyone on search engines. With B2B SEO, the strategies implemented would help you get professionals or only businesses on search engines. This means you have to be more intentional with everything, such as your keyword research, your titles, and content ideas, to enable you to gain the right traffic to your website.
So, B2B SEO involves implementing SEO strategies to increase your exposure to business professionals, start-ups, mid-level managers, and executives on search engines to provide solutions to what they are searching for.
Why B2B SEO Is Important For Your Business:
No matter what you do in the B2B space, you will still have people researching your products and services.
- First of all, organic search accounts for 94% of all web traffic. This makes implementing SEO techniques for yourB2B marketing strategy a no-brainer. Also, it clearly shows SEO strategies are winning over paid advertising and searches on social media. With everyone using search engines to find answers to their question and solutions to their business, if you are a business and aren’t implementing SEO strategies to help you get to the first page of the SERP, you miss out.
- Also, 71% of B2B researchers use Google search as their go-to research platform. So, if you are looking to get more exposure to the right client for your B2B services or product, then optimizing your search engines should be your number one priority.
- Besides, organic search has accounted for 51% of all traffic to B2B websites. This shows how vital implementing SEO techniques for your business can take your business’s success and revenue to a whole new level.
So, with all this been said, what are the B2B SEO strategies you can implement? Well, let’s take a look at 6 ways to do this.
6 B2B SEO Strategies Your Business Can Implement Today:
1. Understand Your User Search Intent
The first thing B2B SEO strategy you need to consider is what your potential clients are searching for and how you can help them. Search engines aim to match results to the thought process of a user’s intention behind a search.
So, if before you start anything, you want to ask yourself two main questions
- What are your prospects looking for? And
- How do you satisfy the needs of your customers?
When answering what your prospects are looking for, this is where you take a look at:
- Your keyword research: With keyword research, you want to make sure that you understand the various keyword types, where to place keywords in your content, how to choose relevant keywords, and many more.
- Besides choosing the right keywords, you want to make sure that the topics you choose for your content are relevant and interesting to your prospects. You want to make sure that the user is triggered to click on your link, just from your topic. So, even though the keyword will get you on the SERP page, a useful and relevant topic will trigger people to click.
To answer how you can satisfy your prospects, you want to consider the following
- The type of content you write for prospects. This is where you decide if you want to publish a tool such as free brand name generators or whether you want to publish long-form guides that provide prospects with all the information they need.
- When doing this, you want to make sure that you consider your content’s tone and depth for your audience. For example, are you writing for beginners or Gurus? Are you writing in a formal style or an informal style?
- Besides, you want to look at what others are doing that people love and how you can incorporate them into your marketing or even create something better for your audience.
- Finally, you want to put yourself in your prospects’ thought process and then give them content that resonates with them.
Understanding your user search intent is the first thing you want to do for your B2B company because it enables you to be discovered where it matters the most.
2. Blogging Is Winning!!
Did you know that B2B companies that blog generated 67% more leads than B2B companies that do not blog? So, you do not just want to have only your homepage, about us page, product page, and contact page on your website. You want to add a blog section because blogging is one of the best ways to improve your Google SERP visibility.
Blogging on your B2B website comes with so many benefits. Some of this includes:
- One main reason why you want to blog is that you get ranked higher on search engines. Because search engines love to reward people that keep on posting relevant, consistent, and fresh content. The more you post, the more you force these search engines to index your content, and when this happens, you get ranked higher. Through blogging, you get the opportunity to insert certain keywords in your blog which you can rank for.
- Blogging also helps you build strong relationships with your clients. Because when people come on your website and find answers to questions they have, they tend to trust your brand more, and it goes to show them that you care more about helping your prospects rather than just selling products or services to them. Also, with B2B, the services or products offered are intangible. So, content or blogging is one of the best and cheapest ways to explain what you can do for your clients.
- You also want to blog because when people find helpful information on your blog, they can easily share them, and the more shares you get, the more traffic you get, and the more clients you get.
Undoubtedly, having a Blog section on your website will help your company grow in various ways.
But how do you blog?
Well, here are a few things to keep in mind when blogging:
- When blogging, the first thing to keep in mind is to write content that is keyword rich and relevant to what your prospects might be searching for. This will make it easy for your website to pop up quickly on the SERP
- You want to make sure that you have long-form content. What is long-form content? Long-form content is written with so much in-depth knowledge on a topic and ranges from 700 to 2000 words. Having long-form content that reads well and provides visitors with value would keep users stuck on your page longer. And the more time people spend on your page, the lesser your bounce rate and the better your ranking.
- Yes, having long-form content is essential, but people will leave if your long-form content is boring. So, besides making sure that your content provides value, you want to make sure that you give some visuals, videos, infographics, and well-spaced content. These are the ways you can keep your prospect hooked.
- Finally, you want to make sure you add a call to action to the end of your blog. It is important to provide value to your prospects, but also, in the end, you want to make sure that you capture them into your leads or sales funnel. And one of the best ways to capture leads effortlessly is through blogging. At the end of each post, you want to make sure that you have a call to action to enable people to opt-in if they are interested in the services you offer.
3. Link Building Is Essential
Linking building is the most effective off-page B2B SEO strategy any company can implement. This is because it makes your website visible on the SERP due to the following reasons:
- You gain traffic from websites that link to your site.
- Employing various link-building strategies can help build your brand’s authority, which, in turn, makes your B2B company more credible.
- Also, with the right inbounding and outbound link strategies, your website will be indexed faster.
Therefore, another SEO strategy you want to implement is link building, but how do you do it? Well, we are glad to walk you through some tips.
- Guest blogging: You want to reach out to the editor of authoritative sites in your niche and ask them if you can write a guest post for them. And what this does is that, besides giving you the chance to provide value to people, you also get the opportunity to talk about your company or agency on their site, giving your company exposure to a new audience. Or better still, you get to raise your brand value. For example, if a highly authoritative site covers your story, you get the site’s brand equity.
- Broken Link Building: This has to do with finding broken links on websites within your niche and then notifying the website owner, and then you provide the owner with content to replace that link. In turn, the website owner gets to link your website to their website.
- Your Social Media: One of the easier ways to build links is to have your company’s URL on the bio of your social media handle. This makes it easy for new prospects to easily access your website through your social media handle, who probably wouldn’t have been able to reach your website through the SERP.
There are many more link building strategies your business can implement; however, those we suggested above are quite easy for beginners.
4. Optimize For Mobile Devices
Optimizing your website for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets is non-negotiable in 2020. With over 50% of search traffic coming from mobile devices, if your B2B website isn’t optimized for mobile devices, then you are compromising every other strategy on this list.
Mobile optimization is a key ranking factor for Google. If your website hasn’t been having a lot of traffic, you might want to check if it is optimized for mobile devices.
Not optimizing your website for mobile devices means your webpages wouldn’t fit well on the screens of mobile devices, and also, it will take time for your website to load when the traffic is from a mobile device. And when these two incidents happen, even if you have great content, the user is highly-likely to close your website immediately, which in turn increases your bounce rate and decreases your ranking.
Here are 4 ways you can optimize your B2B website for mobile.
5. Optimize For B2B For Speed
No matter how good your website is, no one would want to visit your website if it is slow–especially for B2B companies. If you are looking to convert clients, you need to make sure that your website loads in less than 3 seconds, else you are at risk of losing 40% of your traffic. This shows how having a fast loading website can affect your business’s revenue because your page’s loading time is correlated to your conversion rate.
So, how do you increase your website’s speed? Well, let’s take a look at five ways you can do this:
- Optimize your images
- Use premium web hosting services.
- Reduce or remove any irrelevant plugin.
- Use a content delivery network.
- Make sure your themes are up to date.
- Fix broken links
- and many more
6. Track Your Performance
Yes, SEO takes time, and it may take a couple of months for you to see results or rank higher. However, until that time gets there, tracking how well your campaign works is a great way to know what’s working and not.
And here are a few ways to do this:
- The first way to do this is to track your traffic using Google analytics. With Google Analytics, you can see if your search traffic increases or decreases based on your implemented SEO strategy. So, if your search traffic is increasing, then this means your SEO strategies are working. However, if it isn’t, then it means you need to work on something.
- Using Google Search Console can also help you track the impressions you get from Google. Impressions mean the number of people your listing has been exposed to, whether they click on your listing or not. So, the more your impressions increase, then it means the strategies you use are working.
- Tracking your backlinks using Ahrefs can help you determine if your SEO strategies are working. Backlinks have to do with then people linking or referencing your content. So, the more people that link to your website, it shows how well your SEO strategies are working.
Optimizing your B2B website for SEO can be an advantageous strategy in the long run, even though you might not rank just yet. However, when you finally do by applying these strategies, you would be more than amazed at how much your revenue will grow.